Highland Day Camp Staff
Positions Available for Summer 2014
1. Camp Counselor: Lead a group of campers through a week of camp. Counselors are in a group with up to 10 campers and another counselor and are responsible for investing in campers, sharing your life with them, and providing them with an incredible camp experience. Counselors should be rising 11th graders in high school and go through college-age.
2. Adventure Staff/Lifeguards: These staff members will be responsible for setting up and overseeing high ropes and water activities as well as maintenance duties and general camp operation.
3. Photographer/Videographer/Technical: Campers love to have GREAT pictures of themselves to show their parents at the end of the week! If you are a gifted photographer, you can apply to take on the challenge of documenting the summer through images, compiling them every week, assembling slideshows, shooting video every now and then, and generally being our imaging technical guru.
How to Apply
The application process involves 2 steps: the online application and the interview.
- The online application: It takes a while to complete, so give yourself about an hour. Make sure to provide at least 3 references.
- Interview: After you submit the online application, we'll contact you to schedule an interview. We prefer this to be in person, but can do it over the phone without a problem!
The link to the summer staff application is below. You do not have to complete the application all in one sitting, as the system allows you to save your progress along the way.
We do recommend that you check out the FAQ's section, but please let us know if we can answer any questions you may have about the process!
Jr. Counselors: We are looking for a few junior counselors to volunteer at camp for 1-2 weeks out of the summer. Jr. Counselors should be rising 8th, 9th, or 10th graders and also be enrolled as a camper at our overnight camp. Jr Counselors can apply by downloading and filling out the following application form and submitting 3 reference forms. References should be small group leaders, youth pastors, teachers, and employers (not friends or family members).