Highland Day Camp Staff
Positions Available for Summer 2013
1. Camp Counselor: Lead a group of campers through a week of camp. Counselors are in a group with up to 10 campers and another counselor and are responsible for investing in campers, sharing your life with them, and providing them with an incredible camp experience. Counselors should be rising 11th graders in high school and go through college-age. We are also looking to hire a few rising 10th graders. Rising 10th grade applicants must have been a previous junior counselor at day camp and also have attended our overnight camp in Ellijay. We are no longer accepting applications for girl counselors.
2. Adventure Staff/Lifeguards: These staff members will be responsible for setting up and overseeing high ropes and water activities as well as maintenance duties and general camp operation. We are no longer accepting applications for adventure staff.
3. Photographer/Videographer/Technical: Campers love to have GREAT pictures of themselves to show their parents at the end of the week! If you are a gifted photographer, you can apply to take on the challenge of documenting the summer through images, compiling them every week, assembling slideshows, shooting video every now and then, and generally being our imaging technical guru. We are no longer accepting applications for photographers and a videographer.
4. Jr. Counselors: We are looking for a few junior counselors to volunteer at camp for 2-3 weeks out of the summer. Jr. Counselors should be rising 8th, 9th, or 10th graders and also be enrolled as a camper at our overnight camp. Jr Counselors should contact us directly before starting the application process (email email@example.com for an application). We are no longer accepting applications for junior counselors.
How to Apply
You need to complete 2 things to complete the application process:
- The online application. It takes a while to complete, so give yourself about an hour.
- An interview. We prefer this to be in person, but can do it over the phone without a problem!
The link to the summer staff application is below. You do not have to complete the application all in one sitting, as the system allows you to save your progress along the way.
We do recommend that you check out the FAQ's section, but please let us know if we can answer any questions you may have about the process!